New features and Enhancements
- STP BPDUs will now follow port mapping and not flood out all ports.
- Disable MAC address learning.
- Change in switch initialization settings to better protect against random traffic stop issue.
- Web Interface supports only single level access.
- Loopback Mode - rf_refl is not supported in this release.
- BER is only available for internal data pattern with QAM256 not for live link.
- VLAN used for IBM will only be able to pass 100 Mbps. Suggestion is to run a dedicated management VLAN with a high CoS.
To apply the upgrade from 2.0, simply load the sys_fw file via tftp, issue the command bootimage upgrade 2 and reboot. If you are running an earlier version, like 1.3.1, you will need to transfer the images as included in the 2.0 or 2.0.1 release: Apex 2.0.1 Firmware & MIB | Apex 2.0 Firmware & MIB
Please review the detailed release notes and upgrade instructions attached to this thread prior to upgrading.
The attached zip file contains all the images, release notes, upgrade instructions and MIBs. Release notes are also provided separately for your convenience.