If you have forgotten your web interface password, but still have access to the CLI-config node, you can view the existing passwords and snmp community strings with the command <show passwords>.
In the event that a password needs to be reset and one cannot access the CLI-config node, there is a procedure to reset the password or the configuration of the radio.
Mode Switch : The Mode switch operates as follows:
- Hold for more than 2 seconds, but less than 6 seconds, the unit will:
- The IP address will be reset to default to allow access in the event of a forgotten password or IP address.
- The CLI management passwords will be reset to default
- The Web interface passwords will be reset to default.
- The SNMP read/write/trap community strings will be set to defaults.
- The CLI prompt will be reset.
- Hold for more than 6 seconds: The unit will reset the system configuration to the factory default, but NOT reset the items it (1) above. The unit WILL REBOOT automatically.
RESET: Reboots IDU without disconnecting the power supply. No configuration or passwords are reset with this button.
The mode button can be found on the front panel of the IDU.